If you know me, then you know I love to rank stuff. I would rank stuff all day if I could.
Here’s just one example of things I might rank in any given day: Dinners I’ve had in the past week.
Gold—Meat Loaf on Sunday
Silver—Stir fry on Wednesday
Bronze—Honey chicken meat pie on Monday
See? That’s just what I’ll do.
Today I’m ranking the Mountain West Conference—or, as some know it, The Third Best Conference in the Country (in 2008). Here goes:
1. BYU. Hard to argue with this pick. The pre-season favorite is No. 11 in the country, 4-0 and boasts two straight shutouts and one of the top offenses in the country. Rocky times are ahead, though. Sources say that some coaches might have been using profanity during last week’s game vs. Wyoming.
2. Utah. Nipping at BYU’s heels, the Utes are also 4-0, but have looked a little shaky at points along the way. Still waiting for the Utes to stumble. Enter Weber State.
3. TCU. Rounding out the ranked MWC teams at No. 24, TCU is putting up huge numbers on both offense and defense. They actually start playing real football teams this week at Oklahoma. I hope the dream has been a nice one, Froggies.
4. Air Force. The Cadets were grounded after a minor delay against Utah, but look for Air Force to take off once again and soar majestically through the wild blue yonder. (Too many aviation jokes?)
5. UNLV. Who would have thought the Rebs would make it out of the cellar anytime soon? I’m still not that impressed though. Look for UNLV to start their losing streak any day now.
6. New Mexico. Donovan Porterie is out for the season, so it looks like the Lobos won’t get any higher than No. 6 on my list.
7. Colorado State. The Rams were my MWC sleeper team this year, but haven’t really shown me anything too special. Hopefully Coach “Papa Bear” Kubiak and his Rams will beat Cal this weekend to keep the MWC’s streak of pantsing the Pac-10 alive.
8. Wyoming. Poor Joe Glenn. The guy just can’t get it done in the state of Utah. If he beats the Utes, though, the ‘Pokes will always have a place in my heart.
9. San Diego State. Cortez has landed, and the Aztecs are no match for the white man’s rifles and various diseases.