This post will be a welcome change for those of you who don't like reading. Since so much has happened over the past few days, and since I don't want to write about it all, I'm just going to give you some quick little bits of everything that's on my mind.
So I guess you'll still have to read... just not as much.
1. BYU is up to No. 7 in the Coaches poll, No. 8 in the AP. A lot higher than I would have imagined. These high rankings are turning an already special season into something reaching epic proportions.
2. To anyone who has heard me talk at all about TCU this year: I TOLD YOU SO. They are overrated, and not that good. Their defense was outmatched, their offense was pathetic and I'm more confident than ever that BYU will hand them a royal beating.
3. Don't you love it when Urban Meyer loses?
4. I want to send some thank you cards. Does anyone have addresses for Ole Miss, Michigan, Alabama and Oregon State?
5. Time out: who besides me is getting pumped for BYU basketball? Too early? Tyler Haws' commitment has infused our program with all kinds of energy. I know he won't even play this year, but his commitment just got me excited to see Lee, Jimmer, JT, Jackson Emery and newcomers LaMont Morgan, Charles Abuo and Noah Hartsock. All I have to say is--Trent who?
6. Fantasy football update: 4-0 in one league, 3-1 in another and there's one more that I don't ever check.
7. Adam and the Trizz will be on the radio again today (Monday) from 5-6. We'll be talkin' BYU and (hopefully) some government bailout, so tune those dials to 1400 AM and let our soothing voices wash over you like silky cocoa butter.
8. I saw Dennis Pitta at Provo High playing some pick-up football on Saturday. We even had a brief interaction, but I'll spare you the details (I don't want to embarrass Brett again). Needless to say I was not happy with Dennis' decision to play, but I prayed about it and decided I will not contact his coaches.
9. How annoying will Ute fans be if they win on Thursday? Seriously.