Are you ready for five devastating truth bombs? Get in your shelter and pack some canned beans because here they come:
1. Not only did Utah have a far superior football team in 2008, but Utah has been a MUCH better football program than BYU since 2002.
2. Kyle Whittingham and his staff are better coaches than Bronco Mendenhall and his staff.
3. There's no way BYU would have beaten Alabama like Utah did. Not this year, not ever. We don't play like champions, and Utah does.
4. Even if Bronco and the boys get lucky and make it to a BCS game, they'll never win it. But I'm sure they'd kill at the fireside the night before.
5. BYU is no longer the best non-BCS program in the nation. That crown belongs to Utah now, and BYU is now the little brother.
Sorry guys, but somebody had to say it.
I still love you, BYU. I love that we can still beat Wyoming and New Mexico consistently, and I love that our mustaches are still neatly trimmed and do not stretch beyond the corners of our mouths. But it's time to finally admit it: we are not a BCS program. We belong in the MWC, and Utah and TCU are running away from us.
Suddenly the BYU/Utah State rivalry is getting a lot more interesting...