Media Days are the scout team that warns my inner villagers that they're about to be pillaged and plundered by another sweet football army.
Right now every MWC football team is represented in Las Vegas (Henderson, actually) with media members swarming around them harrassing them about the upcoming season. They pick their favorites, they ask their questions and they eat some incredible buffets (or so I've heard).
And for the fourth consecutive year ASB was not invited to attend.
I'm not bitter. I understand we're in a recession, and apparently when it comes to chopping the list of invitees blogs are the first to go.
However, if I were invited, here would be my ballot for preseason honors.
1. BYU - Veteran team with tough games at home
2. TCU - Speed, speed, speed
3. Air Force - Surprised? So am I, a little bit
4. Utah - New offense and new QB
5. UNLV - Talented offense
6. CSU - Second year under a great coach
7. New Mexico - Lobos struggle with new coach
8. SDSU - Nowhere to go but up
9. Wyoming - Nation's worst offense
MWC Offensive player of the year:
MWC Defensive player of the year:
I really wanted to pick Harvey Unga and Jan Jorgenson for Offenive and Defensive POY, respectively, but you know me. I'm all about transparency and accuracy.
Man, I can't wait for football season. Could this be the season we've all been dreaming about?