Like I said yesterday, things are a little weird right now for college football fans in the state of Utah. Suddenly we find ourselves in the throws of Rivalry week, and we have little time to prepare.
So in case there are any fence-sitters out there who don't know who to cheer for on Saturday, I've prepared a list of 10 clues you can use to determine if you're a BYU fan. Take a good hard look at this list. If you find yourself nodding your head in agreement, then you, my good friend, might just be a Coug.
TOP 10 CLUES YOU MIGHT BE A COUG
1. Your football team wins their championships in February and August.
2. Missing the first and fourth quarters is pretty much the norm.
3. Your date night list: Chili's, Olive Garden or P.F. Chang's (special occasions).
4. You adhere to a strict dietary law: Lunch should not cost more than $5.
5. You firmly believe the backup QB is the best player on the team.
6. You don't mind if we lose a game, as long as we never lose a fireside.
7. You have huge drums of wheat sitting in your basement right now. Incidentally, if we are struck by a devastating natural disaster, what good is that wheat gonna do? Will you eat it by the fistful?
8. When casually talking about the NFL in church you use the phrase, "Yeah, I'll have to tape that game and watch it tomorrow."
9. You immediately distrust anyone with facial hair.
10. You get a funny feeling every time you pass the point of the mountain. You can't quite identify it, but you know it's there...
I'm not gonna lie, this list hits close to home. Except the Chili's part. Can't stand that place.
Care to add a few more clues? Be my guest. BYU fans are unique, that's for sure, but I don't care how many barrels of wheat you have in your basement: Just do us all a favor and cheer till your voice is gone this Saturday. We need a big win over the Utes.